It’s easy to get started, it’s fun and most importantly you’ll be helping us make a difference to someone’s life.
Why fundraise for us
Warmth is a crucial element for humanity. Warmth can often be taken for granted. At 300 Blankets, we recognise the importance for warmth especially for people experiencing homelessness. Money donated to 300 Blankets goes towards the purchasing and distribution of warm blankets to people in need, the operation of our Outreach Program and Soul Kitchen.
How to Fundraise
Fundraise for us and change the lives of those living in disadvantage in Victoria. You can do pretty much anything to raise money for 300 Blankets – run a trivia night, hold a PJ day, run a race, hold a bake sale.
How it works
Step 1 – Choose how you would like to raise money
Here are some ideas for how you might like to fundraise.
– Do a fun run or run a marathon
– Pledge your birthday – ask people to make a donation instead of giving you a gift
– Take part in a PJ Day where you wear your pjs to work, school or uni
– Sleep out overnight with a group of friends or family and experience what it might be like to be homeless for a night
– Hold a morning or afternoon tea
– Run a benefit gig or performance
– Cook up a storm with a sausage sizzle
– Host a movie night – highest bidder gets to decide the movies you watch
– Run a team building challenge at work
– Challenge your friends to a trivia night
– Hold a gala dinner or ball
Step 2 – Start fundraising
The easiest way to fundraise for us is to set up your online fundraising page at https://www.gofundraise.com.au/beneficiary/300blankets. Once your fundraising page is set up, email the link to your contacts and ask them to make a donation. You can also share the link to your fundraising page on your social networks like Facebook and Twitter. Don’t forget to include some information on what you are doing and why people should support you and 300 Blankets.
If you receive a cash donation as part of your fundraising campaign, please keep the cash safe and deposit it into our bank account as soon as possible, within seven days is best. There are a few ways of doing this:
– Use your credit card to make a donation of the cash amount via www.gofundraise.com/300blankets – Deposit the amount to our bank account. Contact us for our account details.
When depositing money to our bank account, please ensure you provide your event reference number. You would have been given a reference number when you registered your event with us. If you did not register your event with us, because you were taking part in an organised event, or other reason, please use your credit card to make an online donation of the cash amount. When you let us know that you’ve made a deposit, we’ll post you a receipt.
Get in touch about fundraising
Please get in touch if you have any queries about fundraising for us. We are happy to help you every step of the way.